National Library Week is April 20 - April 25, and to celebrate, we're supporting local Berlin businesses by hosting a Giftcard Giveaway! Every day, we will have one trivia question and one participation question posted to our Facebook page and website. The trivia questions are based around knowledge of the library's history, as well as our collection. The participation questions are just fun ways to stay connected since we aren't able to see you everyday like we're used to. Below are the detailed rules and regulations, but here are basics:
Basic National Library Week Giftcard Giveaway Detailed Rules and Regulations
What are you entering for a chance to win? A giftcard to a local Berlin business, which include places like Shepard's, Baked, Dandelion Farm, Las Brasas, and more!
The trivia campaign is based off you knowing the correct answer. The person who gets closest to the correct answer will win. If there is more than one person with the correct answer, a random drawing will determine who the winner is.
The participation campaign is based off chance alone. All who enter will be eligible to win a giftcard. A random drawing will determine who the winner is.
You can enter ONCE a day either via email - email@example.com - or by commenting on our Facebook post with each question.
The campaigns will take place from April 20 - April 25th, meaning there will be 12 giftcards in total being given away as prizes.
This campaign is taking place digitally only. No in person entries will be accepted, in compliance with Governor Evers' "safer-at-home" order.
Detailed National Library Week Giftcard Giveaway Detailed Rules and Regulations
- This promotion is being offered through Berlin Public Library (known as BPL from here on out) on its website and Facebook page only. It is defined as a giveaway, as it is a campaign in which a person can win a prize based on chance. No purchase, payment, or other consideration is permitted or required.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- A library card is not required for participation. Being a card holder does not enhance chance of winning.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- Entries made for the duration of this campaign will be for a chance to receive a prize. Entries made are not a guarantee of any prize being won. Each participant is limited to one entry daily in the Trivia Campaign and one entry daily in the Participant Campaign.
- Trivia Campaign: Starting Monday, April 20th at 9 AM CDT, and running through Saturday, April 25th at 8 PM CDT, one trivia question daily will be posted to BPL’s Facebook page and website. Entrants can enter by emailing entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or commenting on the Facebook post corresponding with the daily trivia question. The daily trivia campaign will be available from 9 AM- 8 PM. Once the trivia window has closed at 8 PM, correct answers will be collected. The entry closest to the correct answer will be the winner. If more than one entry is correct, one winner will be selected via a random drawing. BPL staff will notify the winner via Facebook and/or email address. A total of 6 trivia questions and 6 trivia prizes will be made available during the trivia campaign window.
- Participant Campaign: Starting Monday, April 20th at 9 AM CDT, and running through Saturday, April 25th at 8 PM CDT, one participation question daily will be posted to BPL’s Facebook page and website. Entrants can enter by emailing entries to email@example.com or commenting on the Facebook post corresponding with the daily participation question. The daily participant campaign will be available from 9 AM- 8 PM. Once the participant question window has closed at 8 PM, all answers will be collected in an answer pool. BPL will select one winner via a random drawing and notify the winner via Facebook and/or email address. A total of 6 participant questions and 6 participant prizes will be made available during the participant campaign window.
- This campaign is open to all within the BPL service area.
- Entrants can either submit an answer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Facebook comments.
- Prizes will consist of gift cards for use at local Berlin businesses. Prizes will be available for pick up at the business itself and not BPL. Should the winner prefer the prize be mailed to them, it is the winner’s responsibility to coordinate that with the business directly. Businesses will hold gift cards until May 31st. Should a winner inquire about a prize after May 31st, businesses may not be obligated to fulfill the prize, and will do so at their own discretion.
- One winner will be chosen daily for the trivia campaign and one winner will be chosen daily for the participant campaign, totaling two winners per day through the duration of the campaign; April 20th – April 25th, making for 12 winners in total and 12 prizes being offered.
- Trivia Campaign winners will be selected based on a correct answer. Correct answers will be collected into an answer pool and assigned a number. A random drawing will then be used to select a winner from the answer pool.
- Participant Campaign winners will be selected based solely on chance. All answers will be collected into an answer pool and assigned a number. A random drawing will then be used to select a winner from the answer pool.
- Entrants are entitled to their privacy of information. Entrants agree to share their name and contact information, should they be selected as a prize winner. Entrants agree to BPL sharing their name and contact information with local Berlin businesses, should they be selected as a prize winner.
- Due to Governor Evers' “safer-at-home" order with the current the coronavirus pandemic, this campaign is virtual only, and does not take place in-person. BPL’s physical address is 121 West Park Avenue Berlin, WI 54923. Campaign inquiries are to be made via email (email@example.com) or Facebook messenger and not via BPL’s physical address or phone.